Brighten up your afternoon tea with these delightful treats.
· 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
· 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
· 125ml (1/2 cup) thick cream
· 125ml (1/2 cup) lemonade
· 40ml (2 tbsp) milk
· favourite jam, to serve
· whipped cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Place the flour, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the cream and lemonade and mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and knead lightly until combined.
3. Press the dough with your hands to a thickness of about 2cm. Use a 6cm round cutter to cut out 8 scones, place on baking tray and brush the tops with some milk. Re-roll scraps to make a few extra scones. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Serve warm with whipped cream and your favourite jam.